Nicole Richie’s style is enviable. From her beachy blonde locks, to her boho chic style, she somehow juggles two kids and career and still maintain an effortless sense of style.
Nicole opens up to the June issue of Glamour on her 5 favorite style tricks. From how to get morning-after wavy hair to adding a pop of color to your make-up, we’ve got the tips here!
1) Tease Your Hair: Richie calls herself the “best hairstylist on the planet.” She and her hairstylist Andy Lecompte achieve her teased hair look by winding her hair in figure eights around pins, unwind, and fluff for volume. Flat-iron the ends and seal in place with a soft-hold gel.
2) Twist Up: Twist up for hair for an elegant-meets-beach up-do. Use dry shampoo to tease out texture and pin hair up. Don’t worry if it gets messy. This works especially well to disguise hair that isn't perfectly beachy, or as Richie puts it, “I have naturally curly hair, so “natural” beach waves are not so natural for me.”
3) Retro Pins: Putting two bobby pins on your side part gives that looks of finger waves and a retro vibe. Wrap hair strands around your finger and set with a blow dry. Richie jokes that even if she did something like this to her hair, her husband Joel Madden wouldn’t even notice, “Joel noticed this Valentine’s Day that I had bangs. He looked at me and was like ‘You got bangs, I see.’ I was like, ‘I’ve had bangs since I was 22 years old!’”
4) Bright Eyeliner: Richie loves to make a bold statement with some bright eyeliner. This look will turn heads anywhere, but Richie says she doesn’t consider herself a trendsetter, “My world is small. I have my circle of 10 friends, my kids, my family. None of them call me a trendsetter.”
5) Scrunch Your Hair: This is Richie’s signature look, to get that just out of bed style. Using a flatiron, create uneven waves, then scrunch with matte styling cream, “Curling irons make it a little bit too done,” says Richie.