If you were watching the live coverage of the 2011 Oscars, you noticed one big trend from the red carpet. A lot of Hollywood’s leading ladies were sporting gowns in the red and plum family.
- The adorable and pregnant Natalie Portman, who arrived late to the red carpet wore a plum colored Rodarte gown for her big night. The dress will look fabulous as she goes on stage to accept her award for Best Actress.
- Scarlett Johansson is one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood so it’s almost impossible for her to look bad on a red carpet, but the dress she wore to the Oscars was a big FAIL! She rocked a one-of-a-kind dress by Dolce & Gabbana and thankfully she is so beautiful that most people spend their time staring at her face rather than that hideous dress she was wearing.
- Penelope Cruz made her first public red carpet appearance after giving birth to her son Leo. A glowing Cruz wore a fiery-toned, sequined L'Wren Scott gown and showed the world that she’s already lost her baby weight.
- Last year this time Sandra Bullock walked the red carpet hand-in-hand with her husband of the time, Jesse James. A lot has changed since last year, but thankfully Sandra still managed to make it on the best-dressed list once again. I love that Sandra a red Vera Wang on the red carpet because she showed the world she’s a woman of power.
- Jennifer Lawrence was a red carpet stunner with her sexy red Calvin Klein gown. The “Winter’s Bone” star showed the world that she’s got what it takes to be on that carpet.
- Anne Hathaway had 5 outfit changes for her big night as the host of the Oscars. Anne walked the red carpet in a red Valentino gown and I must say, I was not in love with it. The color was great, but Sandra’s dress was definitely hotter than Anne’s.